Who has been playing video games rather than hunting down criminals? How is a man alleged to have stolen manuscripts of unpublished books from celebrity authors? Which pot contains an elephant? And why has Graham been listening to podcasts about pest control marketing?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault.
- Pokémon Go: Police fired for chasing Snorlax instead of robbers — BBC News.
- Pokémon Go-Playing LAPD Officers Fired For Ignoring Robbery — Kotaku.
- Court of appeal documents (PDF).
- The Mysterious Figure Stealing Books Before Their Release — Vulture.
- FBI Arrests Man Accused of Stealing Unpublished Book Manuscripts — The New York Times.
- ViacomCBS security group 'crucial' for FBI manuscript theft investigation, says Karp — The Bookseller.
- The Spine Collector: Man arrested for using fake email addresses to steal hundreds of unpublished manuscripts — Hot for Security.
- Pest Control Marketing Live! — YouTube.
- Pest Control Marketing Podcast.
- Pest Control Marketing Jingles.
- Think with Pinker — BBC Radio 4.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff
- Support us on Patreon!
1Password University is a fun, dynamic and free resource for all skill levels.
Find out how to build a culture of security in your workplace, learn how to make the most of 1Password’s features, or discover why re-using the same password across multiple accounts puts you at risk.
Broaden your knowledge, starting with the basic building blocks of security. Learn at your own pace and discover how to keep yourself and your company safe on the internet.
1Password University’s growing catalogue of courses has definitely got something for you… and it’s a lot more fun than dull workplace training or scouring the web for advice.
Check out 1Password University – free online security resources, made for everyone – at www.smashingsecurity.com/university
Uptycs is a cloud-native security analytics platform built to protect the modern attack surface.
Uptycs zeros in on the blind spots that are preventing you from rapidly identifying and responding to existing threats and vulnerabilities in your ecosystem.
Uptycs normalizes telemetry from across macOS, Linux, Windows, and containers; records system activity for historical investigation even when no alert has fired; and enables you to build complex custom detections in addition to its industry-leading MITRE ATT&CK mapping.
Uptycs provides observability across both cloud workloads and endpoints in a single centralized platform.
Find out more and try it for free at uptycs.com
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.