Drivers are distracted by a hacked billboard, we take a deeper look at how the deepfake problem has… uh… deepened, and Carole is less than happy about Amazon’s announcement about new Alexa integrations.
All this, an annoying goose, and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Maria Varmazis.
Maria Varmazis – @mvarmazis
- Wonderbra 'Hello Boys' advert voted most iconic of all time — Daily Mail.
- Hello boys! The greatest billboard ads of all time — The Sun.
- Outdoor advertisements and signs: a guide for advertisers (PDF) — UK Government.
- Pornographic video plays on I-75 billboard, police investigating — WXYZ Detroit.
- Porn plays on I-75 billboard, police searching for suspects caught on video — Detroit Free Press.
- Threesome Blowjob Scene on Giant Highway Billboard Could Have Caused an Accident, Police Say — Motherboard.
- Xev Bellringer's filmography — IMDB.
- Two people broke into shed, hacked into computers to put pornography on billboard — WXYZ Detroit.
- Motorists warned of “Zombies Ahead” on hacked road sign — Naked Security.
- Motorists warned of Dalek invasion by hacked road sign — Naked Security.
- Hacked Seattle road sign says ‘Impeach the Bastard’ — Q13Fox.
- Hackers have been f**king with downtown LA's road signs — Graham Cluley.
- The FaceForensics dataset — GitHub.
- This Deepfake of Mark Zuckerberg Tests Facebook’s Fake Video Policies — Motherboard.
- The Deepfake Detection Challenge.
- Smashing Security episode 063 — The first time Maria discussed deepfakes.
- Amazon bolsters Alexa privacy after user trust takes a hit — CNET.
- Alexa’s new Echo eyeglasses and ring show big tech’s privacy conundrum — Vox.
- Amazon's Rekognition software lets cops track faces: Here's what you need to know — CNET.
- Amazon may soon be able to track your phone’s location, activists warn — Business Insider.
- Your Google history.
- Untitled Goose Game.
- Find wi-fi hotspots with hotspot directories — BT Wi-Fi.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Immersive Labs provides the world’s first fully interactive, on-demand, and gamified cyber skills platform.
Try it for free at immersivelabs.com/lite/, and drive down your organisation’s cyber risk while reducing training costs.
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.