Who stopped Twitter’s hackers from stealing more money? Why are Covid-19 researchers being told to ramp up their cybersecurity? How can you find out if your smartphone is infected with stalkerware? And who does Graham think he is turning down a celebrity dinner invite?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Lisa Forte.
Lisa Forte – @LisaForteUK
- The Twitter mega-hack. What you need to know — Tripwire State of Security.
- The Twitter hack: Why Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and others might have reason to be worried — Graham Cluley.
- Twitter Hackers Could Have Stolen A Whole Lot More Bitcoin — Forbes.
- Twitter says hackers downloaded private account data — BBC News.
- UK condemns Russian Intelligence Services over vaccine cyber attacks — GOV.UK.
- Britain’s charges of hacking & meddling ‘make no sense’ but Russia is ready to turn the page & work with UK – ambassador — Russia Today.
- Russian Cyber Espionage Group Targets COVID-19 Vaccine Research and IP — IP Watchdog.
- Google bans ads for stalkerware apps—with some exceptions — Ars Technica.
- Google’s ad ban won’t stop stalkerware apps from promoting themselves — Graham Cluley.
- 1 in 10 Americans uses stalkerware to track partners and exes, poll finds — CNET.
- Stalkerware: Domestic Abuse Victims Face Invisible Threat — Digital Trends.
- How to Check Your Devices for Stalkerware — Wired.
- Find and remove stalkerware and bossware from your phone — Traced.
- President Trump goes one-on-one with Chris Wallace — YouTube.
- Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MOCA) — A similar test to that taken by President Donald Trump.
- Quiz: Could you pass Donald Trump's cognitive test? — BBC News.
- "How to cognitive" — Sarah Cooper on Twitter.
- Don't F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer — IMDB.
- 60 Versions of Leonard Cohen's 'Hallelujah,' Ranked — Newsweek.
- Hallelujah (COVER) – Shaun Brown & Jeremy Dunham — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.