Who stopped Twitter’s hackers from stealing more money? Why are Covid-19 researchers being told to ramp up their cybersecurity? How can you find out if your smartphone is infected with stalkerware? And who does Graham think he is turning down a celebrity dinner invite?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Lisa Forte.
Lisa Forte – @LisaForteUK
- The Twitter mega-hack. What you need to know — Tripwire State of Security.
- The Twitter hack: Why Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and others might have reason to be worried — Graham Cluley.
- Twitter Hackers Could Have Stolen A Whole Lot More Bitcoin — Forbes.
- Twitter says hackers downloaded private account data — BBC News.
- UK condemns Russian Intelligence Services over vaccine cyber attacks — GOV.UK.
- Britain’s charges of hacking & meddling ‘make no sense’ but Russia is ready to turn the page & work with UK – ambassador — Russia Today.
- Russian Cyber Espionage Group Targets COVID-19 Vaccine Research and IP — IP Watchdog.
- Google bans ads for stalkerware apps—with some exceptions — Ars Technica.
- Google’s ad ban won’t stop stalkerware apps from promoting themselves — Graham Cluley.
- 1 in 10 Americans uses stalkerware to track partners and exes, poll finds — CNET.
- Stalkerware: Domestic Abuse Victims Face Invisible Threat — Digital Trends.
- How to Check Your Devices for Stalkerware — Wired.
- Find and remove stalkerware and bossware from your phone — Traced.
- President Trump goes one-on-one with Chris Wallace — YouTube.
- Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MOCA) — A similar test to that taken by President Donald Trump.
- Quiz: Could you pass Donald Trump's cognitive test? — BBC News.
- "How to cognitive" — Sarah Cooper on Twitter.
- Don't F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer — IMDB.
- 60 Versions of Leonard Cohen's 'Hallelujah,' Ranked — Newsweek.
- Hallelujah (COVER) – Shaun Brown & Jeremy Dunham — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.