Graham shares stories of email storms, Carole describes the steps being taken by firms as they try to coax employees back to the office, and special guest Lisa Forte details a hack that has impacted Lady Gaga and other celebrities.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast with computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault.
Lisa Forte – @LisaForteUK
- Me Too! — Microsoft tells the story of the Bedlam DL3 email storm.
- Microsoft employees swept up in GitHub reply-all email apocalypse — Business Insider.
- Microsoft now blocks reply-all email storms to end our inbox nightmares — The Verge.
- Reply All Storm Protection in Exchange Online — Microsoft Tech Community.
- The NHS's massive email storm — Graham Cluley.
- Entertainment Law Firm Hacked in Major Data Breach, Ransomware Attack — Variety.
- Coronavirus: Commuters told to 'prepare to queue' in new guidance — BBC News.
- Employers Rush to Adopt Virus Screening. The Tools May Not Help Much — The New York Times.
- Robot dog enforces social distancing in city park — BBC News.
- Onkalo spent nuclear fuel repository — Wikipedia.
- Into Eternity — Wikipedia.
- Finland buries its nuclear past — BBC News.
- The plan to protect humans from radioactive waste with color-changing cats — Business Insider.
- The Summit trailer — YouTube.
- No Way Down: Life and Death on K2 — Amazon.com.
- Jim Lahey's No-Knead Bread Recipe — Leite’s Culinaria.
- No Knead Bread Recipe — YouTube.
- No-Knead Bread Recipe — New York Times.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Oracle has partnered with KPMG to produce a new cloud threat report. It reveals a crisis of confidence caused by a patchwork approach to data security, misconfigured services and confusion around cloud security models. This will only be fixed by organizations making security part of the culture of their business.
Read the full report at smashingsecurity.com/oraclereport.
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Immersive Labs gives security professionals practical and gamified content to keep pace with the latest threats.
Listeners can signup at immersivelabs.com/smashing to get instant access to more than 24 hours of free labs AND a new lab to try out each week.
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.