Will deepfake disguises hit a video conference near you, can Coronavirus-tracing apps be trusted, and should Facebook shut down anti-quarantine events?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Maria Varmazis.
Maria Varmazis – @mvarmazis
- Did you know you could leave us a voicemail? Feel free to be as rude/weird/complimentary as you like…
- Iain Thomson in fancy dress on Zoom. — Twitter.
- Smashing Security 134: Sextortion, silicone face masks, and a DDoS doofus.
- Avatarify: Avatars for Zoom and Skype — GitHub.
- "Elon Musk joined our Zoom call" — YouTube.
- Avatarify demo — YouTube.
- This Open-Source Program Deepfakes You During Zoom Meetings, in Real Time — Vice.
- Trailer for Zardoz (1974) — YouTube.
- Coronavirus: Governors ask Trump to call off lockdown protests — BBC News.
- Facebook sort-of blocks anti-quarantine events – how many folks are actually behind these 'massive' protests online? — The Register.
- COVID-19 apps — Wikipedia.
- Would You Give Up Health or Location Data to Return to Work? — The New York Times.
- European scientists and researchers raise privacy concerns over coronavirus contact tracing apps — VentureBeat.
- European experts ready smartphone technology to help stop coronavirus — Reuters.
- 2 billion phones cannot use Google and Apple contact-tracing tech — Ars Technica.
- Contact Tracing in the Real World — Light Blue Touchpaper.
- Tracking the Global Response to COVID-19 — Privacy International.
- Apple and Google Respond to Covid-19 Contact Tracing Concerns — Wired.
- Sketchplanations – A weekly explanation in a sketch.
- Make These Projects to Fight COVID-19 Right Now — Make.
- 3D Print This Simple Tool Now, To Help Local Sewists Make More Masks for Covid-19 — Make.
- Fix The Mask.
- Turn a T-shirt into a face mask — Ronit Bose Roy on Twitter.
- Educational Documentaries on Netflix — YouTube.
- Remote Tourism.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.