How much do you trust the people who work at your VPN provider? How are folks fighting facial recognition? And what on earth is Ray-Ban thinking getting into bed with Facebook?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Mark Stockley.
Mark Stockley – @MarkStockley
- Three Former U.S. Intelligence Community and Military Personnel Agree to Pay More Than $1.68 Million to Resolve Criminal Charges Arising from Their Provision of Hacking-Related Services to a Foreign Government — Department of Justice.
- Ex-NSA cyberspies reveal how they helped hack foes of UAE — Reuters.
- Daniel Gericke and ExpressVPN – Official Response — ExpressVPN.
- Trust, but verify: An in-depth analysis of ExpressVPN's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week — ZDNet.
- Facebook debuts its Ray-Ban Stories smart sunglasses — TechCrunch.
- Facebook warned over ‘very small’ indicator LED on smart glasses, as EU DPAs flag privacy concerns — TechCrunch.
- Mark Zuckerberg introduces Ray-Ban Stories — YouTube.
- Computer Vision Dazzle Camouflage — CV Dazzle.
- Researchers Defeated Advanced Facial Recognition Tech Using Makeup — Vice.
- Dodging Attack Using Carefully Crafted Natural Makeup — YouTube.
- How to Play the Piano by James Rhodes — Amazon UK.
- Music and the inner self, TEDx talk by James Rhodes — YouTube.
- Yamaha P-45 — Thomann.
- Origins: How the Earth Shaped Human History by Lewis Dartnell — Amazon UK.
- Life Lines — BBC Radio 4.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.