Germany tells consumers to stop using Kaspersky anti-virus products, OSINT reveals a secret government department (with help from an Apple AirTag), and the UK says it’s taking a hard line on dick pics.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Chris Kirsch.
Smashing Security #266: 'Cyberflashing, Kaspersky, and secret spies'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Chris Kirsch – @chris_kirsch
- Kaspersky Has Close Ties to Russian Spies — Bloomberg.
- Kaspersky hit by new below-the-belt sauna spy attack — Graham Cluley.
- A practical guide to making up a sensation — Eugene Kaspersky.
- US intelligence chiefs don’t trust Kaspersky. But why? — Graham Cluley.
- UK cyber agency targets Kaspersky in warning on Russian software — Reuters.
- Group-IB founder arrested in Moscow on state treason charges — The Record.
- BSI warning about using Kaspersky.
- Kaspersky statement regarding the BSI warning — Kaspersky.
- Collateral Damage — on Cybersecurity — Open letter from Eugene Kaspersky.
- Apple's AirTag uncovers a secret German intelligence agency — Apple Insider.
- Bundesservice Telekommunikation — wie ich versehentlich eine Tarnbehörde in der Bundesverwaltung fand — Lilith Wittmann.
- Bundesservice Telekommunikation — enttarnt: Dieser Geheimdienst steckt dahinter — Lilith Wittmann.
- Loophole in law means men will still get away with sending penis pictures — Cambridgeshire Live.
- Cyberflashing to be criminalised under new online safety bill — The Independent.
- ‘Cyberflashing’ to become a criminal offence — UK Government.
- Is there hidden sexual abuse going on in your school? — TES Magazine.
- 13 genius ways to respond to unsolicited dick pics — Cosmopolitan.
- Whatever Happened to Pizza at McDonald's?
- A Podcast Answers a Fast-Food Question That Nobody Is Asking — The New York Times.
- Forget Adnan and Richard Simmons, ‘Whatever Happened to Pizza at McDonald’s?’ Is the Mystery-Solving Podcast You Need — Vulture.
- Cook-Out on Oculus Quest — Oculus.
- Cook-Out: A Sandwich Tale trailer — YouTube.
- 100,000 Stars.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
At Kolide, we believe the supposedly Average Person is the key to unlocking a new class of security detection, compliance, and threat remediation. So do the hundreds of organizations that send important security notifications to employees from Kolide’s Slack app.
Collectively, we know that organizations can dramatically lower the actual risks they will likely face with a structured, message-based approach. More importantly, they’ll be able to engage end-users to fix nuanced problems that can’t be automated.
Try Kolide Free for 14 Days; no credit card required.
Is your organization finding it difficult to achieve compliance and scale its security posture? As G2’s highest rated cloud compliance software, Drata streamlines your SOC 2, ISO 27001, PCI DSS, GDPR & HIPAA compliance and provides 24-hour continuous control monitoring so you focus on scaling securely. Drata is also the only compliance automation platform with a private tenant database. That’s like having your cake and securing it too
Countless security professionals from companies including Notion, FullStory, & BambooHR have shared how crucial it has been to have Drata as a trusted partner in the compliance process.
Listeners of Smashing Security can get 10% off Drata and waived implementation fees at smashingsecurity.com/drata
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.