A TV gameshow with cash prizes if you’re obeying Coronavirus lockdown rules, ex-Ebay staff charged in crazy cyberstalking case, and when the wrong cyclist was accused by the internet bearing pitchforks.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Maria Varmazis.
Maria Varmazis – @mvarmazis
- Mr Blobby — Wikipedia.
- Noel's House Party — Wikipedia.
- A man is surprised at home by Noels House Party — YouTube.
- Bahrain, Kuwait and Norway contact tracing apps among most dangerous for privacy — Amnesty International.
- Coronavirus: Alarm over 'invasive' Kuwait and Bahrain contact-tracing apps — BBC News.
- ‘Are You At Home?’ Winner Selection Rules — Bahrain’s Information & eGovernment Authority.
- Bahrain BeAware — iOS App Store.
- Bahrain BeAware — Google Play Store.
- Six Former eBay Employees Charged with Aggressive Cyberstalking Campaign Targeting Natick Couple — Department of Justice.
- Ex-EBay CEO's 'Inappropriate' Messages Played Role in Ouster — TheStreet.
- MAMIL throws a tantrum — Twitter.
- Maryland cyclist arrested for assaulting 3 people posting Black Lives Matter flyers — CNN.
- Smashing Security episode 063: Carole's back! — In which we discuss privacy issues involving fitness trackers.
- What It’s Like to Get Doxed for Taking a Bike Ride — New York magazine.
- Staged — BBC iPlayer.
- The Mars Challenge by Alison Wilgus — Macmillan.
- Mars trip to use astronaut poo as radiation shield — New Scientist.
- Culture quiz: from Bob Holness 007 to the Daily Mail's feast of filth — The Guardian.
- Quizzes — The Guardian.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
People are the key to minimizing your Cyber Security risk posture. Create a more security-conscious workforce with MetaCompliance’s Cyber Security Awareness for Dummies book. Download it for free at smashingsecurity.com/cyberaware now.
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.