Login chaos for England’s contact tracing service, our drill-down on the Britain’s Huawei 5G ban, MGM’s blockbuster breach, and how to pronounce “Gigabyte.”
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Maria Varmazis.
Plus we have a bonus featured interview with Scott Petry, the co-founder of Authentic8, all about how you can browse the internet safely, securely, and anonymously when conducting research, collecting sensitive evidence, and analyzing data.
- Coronavirus: Contact tracers in England 'locked out of accounts' — Sky News.
- TalkTalk’s ex-CEO Dido Harding heads up the UK’s Coronavirus tracing app… — Graham Cluley.
- Apparently Coronavirus-tracing scammers won’t sound professional… (Yeah, right!) — Graham Cluley.
- Huawei 5G kit must be removed from UK by 2027 — BBC News.
- US sanctions make Huawei more of a security risk, says leaked UK report — The Verge.
- A different future for telecoms in the UK — NCSC.
- Commerce Addresses Huawei’s Efforts to Undermine Entity List, Restricts Products Designed and Produced with U.S. Technologies — U.S. Department of Commerce.
- A hacker is selling details of 142 million MGM hotel guests on the dark web — ZDNet.
- How do you pronounce "Gigawatt"? — Waldo Jaquith on Twitter.
- Metric (SI) Prefixes — NIST.
- No podcast.
- In the No Part 1 — Radiolab.
- 21 OSINT Tools for Cyber Threat Intelligence — Authentic8.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Silo for Research (Toolbox) from Authentic8 is a secure and anonymous web browsing solution that enables threat intelligence, security, and public safety professionals to conduct research, collect evidence, and analyze data across the open, deep and dark web.
To learn how Silo for Research enables teams to timely and efficiently investigate, while ensuring maximum security and oversight to ensure compliance – including GDPR – go to smashingsecurity.com/authentic8 now.
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.