One year ago, a couple of buddies and I thought we should make a weekly security podcast. Today, and hundreds of thousands of downloads later, we celebrate our first birthday. :)
Is Face ID racist? Has Mr Robot infected your Firefox browser? Has Microsoft pushed a buggy password manager onto your Windows PC?
All this and much much more is discussed in the special first birthday edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by original co-host Vanja Švajcer.
Smashing Security #058: 'Face ID, Firefox, and Windows SNAFUs, plus Bitcoin FOMO'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Vanja Švajcer – @vanjasvajcer
- Smashing Security #001: "One cup, two hotel guests" – YouTube
- Mozilla Slipped a ‘Mr. Robot’-Promo Plugin into Firefox and Users Are Pissed
- This Looking Glass/Mr Robot sh*t really p*sses me off – Reddit
- Unknown Mozilla dev addon "Looking Glass 1.0.3" on browser… or is it just malware? – Firefox Support Forum
- Update: Looking Glass Add-on
- Bono and Tim Cook – YouTube
- How to remove Bono and U2 from YOUR f*#!ing iPhone – YouTube
- For 8 days Windows bundled a password manager with a critical plugin flaw
- Disabling Windows 10 Consumer Experience
- How Windows 10 Pro installs unwanted apps (Candy Crush) and how to stop it
- Troy Hunt explains why Face ID Stinks – YouTube
- 10-year-old kid succeeds in unlocking his mum’s iPhone X, with just a glance
- Apple's Face ID tech can't tell two Chinese women apart
- First iPhone X fondlers struggle to admit that Face ID sort of sucks
- Erase 2017 from your brain. Face ID never happened. The Notch is an illusion
- How I Learned to Deal with My Bitcoin FOMO
- Bitcoin FOMO Calculator
- Oh, My Coins! – Database Of Lost Crypto Assets
- Missing: hard drive containing Bitcoins worth £4m in Newport landfill site
- Is Bulgaria sitting on $3.5 BILLION worth of Bitcoin seized from criminals?
- WeCroak on the App Store
- Nose Dance! The Original Nose Twerking Miss Santa Face Paint! – YouTube
- Christmas Nose Twerk! Grinch & Max! – YouTube
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
OneLogin provides Single Sign On for customers like Airbus, Royal Mail, BSI, and Dun and Bradstreet. With hundreds of apps being used in the typical workplace, and the average user having to remember about 40 different passwords, we all know that if we don’t have a product to remember passwords they end up in spreadsheets, stored in emails, or left on post-it notes. And that is a security nightmare. OneLogin allows IT to say which users have access to which applications at what time and also enforce two factor authentication. So even if credentials are compromised, hackers can’t get access to those corporate services. And, by connecting to Active Directory, access to all of these services is de-provisioned as soon as someone leaves the organisation.
Learn more, and download a free guide to identity access management, at www.smashingsecurity.com/onelogin
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.
One comment on “Smashing Security podcast #058: Face ID, Firefox, and Windows SNAFUs, plus Bitcoin FOMO”
Good to see Vanya back . .