Fraudsters steal millions from those hoping to jump on the Bitcoin bandwagon, Twitter verifies a fake US politician, and it’s another face palm for facial recognition.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Cyberwire’s Dave Bittner.
Dave Bittner – @[email protected]
- Inside the Kiev fraud factory stealing senior citizens’ savings — Dagens Nyheter.
- Revealed: fake 'traders' allegedly prey on victims in global investment scam — The Guardian.
- Inside the Kiev Bitcoin fraud factory — YouTube.
- A high school student created a fake 2020 candidate. Twitter verified it — CNN.
- Verified account FAQs — Twitter.
- London's Dazzle Club uses makeup to protest police use of facial recognition technology — WKSU.
- CV Dazzle: Camouflage from Face Detection.
- Clearview AI's Facial Recognition Tech Is Being Used By The Justice Department, ICE, And The FBI — BuzzFeed.
- Amazon Dating: The Future of Dating — Not the real Amazon.
- Carole's ideal date — Amazon Dating.
- My Word! — BBC.
- My Word recording from early 1960s — YouTube.
- Solve podcast.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.