A gallery is tricked into giving millions to a fraudster, software tells doctors to push opioids onto patients, and an artist finds a novel way to trick Google Maps into thinking there’s a traffic jam.
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, who ended up recording without a guest this week.
- Fraudsters Posing as Art Dealer Got Gallery to Pay Millions — Bloomberg.
- ‘Hampstead Heath, Harrow in the Distance’, John Constable, David Lucas, published 1855 — Tate.
- Electronic Health Records Vendor to Pay $145 Million to Resolve Criminal and Civil Investigations — Department of Justice.
- In secret deal with drugmaker, health-records tool pushed opioids — Los Angeles Times.
- Practice Management Software — Practice Fusion.
- Opioid epidemic in the United States — Wikipedia.
- Exclusive: OxyContin maker Purdue is 'Pharma Co X' in U.S. opioid kickback probe – sources — Reuters.
- Smashing Security 122: The big fat con at Office Depot.
- Google Maps hacks — Simon Weckert.
- Google Maps Hacks by Simon Weckert — YouTube.
- Telling Lies launch trailer — YouTube.
- Telling Lies — iOS App Store.
- Telling Lies — Steam.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.