How are scammers stealing your money through Google Maps? Why did the FBI create a fake FedEx website? And how are US senators hoping to stop Grinch bots ruining Christmas?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Maria Varmazis.
And don’t miss our special bonus interview about passwords with Rachael Stockton of LastPass, sponsors of this week’s show.
Maria Varmazis – @mvarmazis
- A new bank scam using Google Maps loophole — The Hindu.
- Google’s sorry that this crudely offensive image of the Apple logo turned up in Maps — The Washington Post.
- ‘Edwards Snow Den’ infiltrates the White House on Google Maps — The Washington Post.
- The FBI Created a Fake FedEx Website to Unmask a Cybercriminal — Motherboard.
- what3words | Addressing the world.
- When the FBI rather than the fraudsters make a fake FedEx website — Graham Cluley.
- Fingerlings — YouTube.
- Lawmakers introduce bill to stop bots from ruining holiday shopping — CNET.
- The Internet Arcade.
- Alley Cat — The Internet Arcade.
- On November 26th, a mole will land on Mars — The Oatmeal.
- Why did Apple remove the iPhone headphone jack? — Fast Company.
- A simple, cheap and very reliable solution for phones without headphone jack — Reddit.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.