Should Google really be helping the FBI with a bank robbery? What’s the story behind the Twitter CEO claiming there’s a bomb in their offices? And how much does your car really know about you?
And we mourn the loss of Doctor Who legend Terrance Dicks…
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Geoff White.
Geoff White – @geoffwhite247
- Feds ordered Google location dragnet to solve Wisconsin bank robbery — The Verge.
- Google reverse location search warrant.
- Manhattan DA Got Innocent People's Google Phone Data Through A 'Reverse Location' Search Warrant — Gothamist.
- Jorge Molina: Avondale police used Google data to wrongfully arrest me — AZCentral.
- About the Twitter CEO '@jack hack' — Graham Cluley.
- Trump says it 'shouldn't be too bad' if someone hacks his Twitter — Business Insider.
- Chuckle Brothers — Wikipedia.
- Wipe Data From Your Car Before Selling It — Consumer Reports.
- Connected Cars, Telematics and Connectivity-as-a-Service : What's the Future? — Dataconomy.
- It looks like tech-savvy drivers will have to lead connected car data purge — The Register.
- It’s too easy to steal a second‑hand connected car — We Live Security.
- Doctor Who writer Terrance Dicks dies, aged 84 — Radio Times.
- Terrance Dicks inspired me to write – and not to feel ashamed of my stammer — New Statesman.
- Terrance Dicks obituary — The Guardian.
- On The Outside It Looked Like An Old Fashioned Police Box… — A radio documentary about the Doctor Who novelisations, many of which were written by Terrance Dicks.
- Cybercrime Investigations podcast — Features some chap called Geoff White.
- Elisabeth Schwarzkopf's appearance on the BBC's Desert Island Discs, 1958 — Where she chooses seven of her own songs.
- Intelligence Squared podcast.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.