How one guy’s exercise routine made him a burglary suspect, how multi-factor authentication can cause headaches as well as stop hacks, and how Virgin Media got itself in a pickle over its sloppy approach to data security.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Maria Varmazis.
Maria Varmazis – @mvarmazis
- Leave Smashing Security a voicemail!
- Google tracked his bike ride past a burglarized home. That made him a suspect. — NBC News.
- Smashing Security episode 144: "Google helps the FBI, Twitter Jack’s hijack, and car data woes."
- Breaking Password Dependencies: Challenges in the Final Mile at Microsoft — YouTube.
- FYI: When Virgin Media said it leaked 'limited contact info', it meant p0rno filter requests, IP addresses, IMEIs as well as names, addresses and more — The Register.
- Data Breach Information FAQ — Virgin Media.
- Virgin Media Disclosure Statement — TurgenSec.
- Virgin Media breach 'linked customers to porn' — BBC News.
- Ultimate Chicken Horse — Clever Endeavour Games.
- Ultimate Chicken Horse – Trailer – Nintendo Switch — YouTube.
- Coronavirus prevention: 10 songs for hand washing — Los Angeles Times.
- New currency circulation in Australia — Reddit.
- Lisa Forte reports on loo roll stocks in the Abu Dhabi Waitrose — Twitter.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.