A Russian bank tells its customers to stop installing security updates, an Apple employee ends up in hot water, and learn our tips to avoid being virtually kidnapped.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Anna Brading.
Anna Brading – @annabrading
- Smashing Security 263: Problèmes de Weefeee, AI artists, and Web 3.0 — In which Mark Stockley discusses the NFT he created in Smashing Security’s honour.
- Graham or Carole? – Untitled Collection #173407394 — OpenSea.
- Mark Stockley reveals the Smashing Security NFT is being resold… for $3 million — Twitter.
- Секрет Шехерезады. Яхта Путина за 75 000 000 000 ₽ — YouTube (best watched with the subtitles on…)
- ‘Mysterious’: the $700m superyacht in Italy some say belongs to Putin — The Guardian.
- "The road from Moscow to Kyiv passes through Belgravia" — Video from Led By Donkeys, posted on Twitter.
- Burger King owner says operator in Russia refuses to shut shops — The Guardian.
- Pitcairn Islands relays most spam per person, reveals Sophos — Sophos.
- Pitcairn spam haven, North Korea definitely isn't — The Guardian.
- Sabotage: Code added to popular NPM package wiped files in Russia and Belarus — Ars Technica.
- Activists are targeting Russians with open-source "protestware" — MIT Technology Review.
- After ‘protestware’ attacks, a Russian bank has advised clients to stop updating software — The Verge.
- Irish petrol station offers 24-7 laundry service — Petrol Plaza.
- Clip from Mel Gibson movie "ransom", starring Mel Gibson — YouTube.
- FBI warns of ‘virtual kidnapping’ scheme executed on Miami couple — Local 10.
- FBI Chicago Warns Public About Virtual Kidnapping Scams — FBI.
- Former Employee Charged With Defrauding Apple, Money Laundering, And Tax Crimes — Department of Justice.
- U.S. charges former Apple buyer with defrauding more than $10 million from company — Reuters.
- Mandy — BBC iPlayer.
- Diane Morgan as Mandy — YouTube.
- Heardle — The daily musical intros game.
- Color wheel, a color palette generator — Adobe Color.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.