How did the SCAM cryptocurrency become a success? Why is Google allowing government rip-off ads to still appear on search results? And why on earth is everyone suddenly spending millions of dollars on NFTs?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Rip Off Britain’s David McClelland.
David McClelland – @DavidMcClelland
- Andre Lewis (@dreesuschrist) — TikTok.
- This TikToker’s ‘SCAM’ Cryptocurrency Took Off and He Can’t Believe It — Motherboard.
- Simple. Cool. Automatic. Money — Scamily.io.
- Why can't Google get a grip on rip-off ads? — BBC News.
- New Government Services Policy — Google Advertising Policies.
- Fungible definition and meaning — Collins English Dictionary.
- NFTs, explained: what they are, and why they’re suddenly worth millions — The Verge.
- Why Did Someone Pay $560,000 for a Picture of My Column? — The New York Times.
- Jack Dorsey is trying to sell his first tweet as an NFT — The Verge.
- CryptoPunks — Larva Labs.
- Johnny Depp selling Winona Ryder poem as part of NFT collection — Female First.
- NFTs are suddenly everywhere, but they have some big problems — CNN.
- Chrome can now caption audio and video — Google.
- Gosforth Handyman.
- Gosforth Handyman — YouTube.
- Grow Bag Pros And Cons – Advantages And Disadvantages Of Grow Bags — Gardening KnowHow.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
With 1Password you only ever need to memorize one password. All your other passwords and important information are protected by your Master Password, which only you know. Take the 14 day free trial now at 1password.com
We store more personal information on our devices than we do in our homes. Where do you go online when you want to write or share something privately?
Skiff is the first collaboration platform built for privacy from the ground up. Every document, note, and idea you write is end-to-end encrypted and completely private. Only you and your trusted collaborators – no one else, not even Skiff – can see what you’ve created.
Skiff is offering listeners of Smashing Security early access. Sign up now: skiff.org/smashing
Did you know that 91% of successful data breaches started with a spear phishing attack?
Find out what percentage of your employees are at risk with KnowBe4’s free phishing security test.
Plus, see how you stack up against your peers with the new phishing industry benchmarks.
Find out more at knowbe4.com/freetest
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.