Ransomware attackers have got hurt feelings, what does Netflix know about you, and why are schoolkids stealing lavatory seats?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by 1Password’s Matt Davey from the “Random but Memorable” podcast.
Matt Davey – @mattdavey
- Governments turn tables on ransomware gang REvil by pushing it offline — Reuters.
- REvil ransomware – what you need to know about the criminal enterprise — Tripwire.
- REvil ransomware rampages following Kaseya supply-chain attack — Graham Cluley.
- Meat supplier JBS probed after paying $11 million ransom to attackers. US Congress has a beef with those who pay ransoms to cybercriminals — Graham Cluley.
- Hitting the BlackMatter gang where it hurts: In the wallet — Emsisoft.
- Ransomware gang outraged at “bandit-mugging behavior of the United States” after REvil group pushed offline — Graham Cluley.
- All the ways Netflix tracks you and what you watch — Wired.
- The inside story of Bandersnatch, the weirdest Black Mirror episode yet — Wired.
- Netflix’s Secret Special Algorithm Is a Human — The New Yorker.
- Why Netflix Might Run Ads: Analysts See $1 Billion Revenue Upside — Variety.
- Devious Licks Trend — Know Your Meme.
- TikTok's 'devious licks' challenge source of destruction in Summit County schools, businesses — MSN.
- TikTok Bans 'Devious Licks' Trend Which Saw High School Students Arrested — Newsweek.
- TikTok to be in congressional hotseat over school-trashing content — Reuters.
- Kid destroys printer for TikTok in front of his parents — Reddit.
- To combat all the devious licks, we are now met with angelic yields — TikTok.
- Woodmere Avenue Width Restriction Crashes Compilation — YouTube.
- Woodmere Avenue Crashes YouTube channel.
- Moment 11 vehicles including a police van smash into steel post in just four weeks — Daily Mail.
- Jon Richardson & The Futurenauts podcast.
- Dead Air podcast.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
1Password University is a fun, dynamic and free resource for all skill levels.
Find out how to build a culture of security in your workplace, learn how to make the most of 1Password’s features, or discover why re-using the same password across multiple accounts puts you at risk.
Broaden your knowledge, starting with the basic building blocks of security. Learn at your own pace and discover how to keep yourself and your company safe on the internet.
1Password University’s growing catalogue of courses has definitely got something for you… and it’s a lot more fun than dull workplace training or scouring the web for advice.
Check out 1Password University – free online security resources, made for everyone – at www.1password.university
Most companies discover they’ve been breached way too late. Thinkst Canary fixes this: just 3 minutes of setup; no ongoing overhead; nearly 0 false positives, and you can detect attackers long before they dig in.
Go to canary.tools to find out why its Physical, VM and Cloud Based Canaries are deployed and loved on all 7 continents…
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.