What can X Æ A-12 Musk teach us about passwords? How did our guest finally hunt down the author of one of history’s biggest virus outbreaks? And what on earth is a hacker doing breaching Roblox security?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by our man-in-Manila, technology journalist Geoff White.
Geoff White – @geoffwhite247
- Vote for Smashing Security in the EU Security Blogger Awards!
- Graham Cluley on Earworm Island — Earworm Island podcast.
- Carole Theriault on Earworm Island — Earworm Island podcast.
- Elon Musk tweets a photo of his newborn child — Twitter.
- World Password Day — Days of the year.
- Grimes explains the baby's name — Twitter.
- Don’t Make These 5 Password FAILS! (But Do Notch These 2 Password Wins) — ID Agent.
- Love Bug Virus Creator Comes Clean — Geoff White.
- Memories of the Melissa virus — Naked Security.
- Roblox — Wikipedia.
- What is Roblox? — Digital Trends.
- Hacker Bribed 'Roblox' Insider to Access User Data — Motherboard.
- I'm Officially RICHER Than ROBLOX!! (WORLD RECORD BROKEN) — Linkmon99 on YouTube.
- WM97/Michael-B virus analysis — Sophos.
- Bookcase Credibility — @BCredibility on Twitter.
- Five Minutes With: Brian Sewell — YouTube. So you can see how good Graham’s impression is.
- Netflix Party.
- Whole Chicken in a Can — Ashens on YouTube.
- Poundland Food Special – All Day Breakfast — Ashens on YouTube.
- MRE & Ration Reviews — YouTube. A man experiencing and reviewing military rations from 1863-current day.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Build, test, and deploy applications on Oracle Cloud – for free.
Sign up now at smashingsecurity.com/oracle and you’ll soon be building, testing and deploying cloud applications securely with Oracle.
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Join our friends at DomainTools for a webinar as they walk you through the process of identifying a nefarious domain, mapping connected infrastructure, and reverse-engineering a ransomware attack which used a Coronavirus disguise.
Learn more about how DomainTools helps security analysts turn threat data into threat intelligence and watch the webinar at domaintools.com/smashing now.
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.