The curious case of George Duke-Cohan, Huawei’s CFO finds herself in hot water, and the crazy world of mobile phone mental health apps.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by special guests Mikko Hyppönen from F-Secure and technology journalist Geoff White.
Smashing Security #108: 'Hoaxes, Huawei and chatbots - with Mikko Hyppönen'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Mikko Hyppönen – @mikko
Geoff White – @geoffwhite247
- Three years in jail for teenager who spammed out school bomb threats, and made hoax call about hijacked plane — Graham Cluley.
- Schools bomb hoaxes: Bodycam shows George Duke-Cohan arrest — BBC News.
- Bomb Threat Hoaxer, DDos Boss Gets 3 Years — Krebs on Security.
- Estonian DDoS revenge worm crafter jailed — The Register.
- Canada could be at risk of ‘nasty’ retaliation from China — Vancouver Star.
- Bad news for scammers. Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou has been released on bail — Graham Cluley.
- Child advice chatbots fail to spot sexual abuse — BBC News.
- Alibaba already has a voice assistant way better than Google’s — MIT Technology Review.
- Making a Murderer — Netflix.
- Making a Murderer lawyer Kathleen Zellner is true crime's new star — BBC News.
- Rebutting a Murderer podcast — Spreaker.
- DOOM (Shareware Episode) — Internet Archive.
- Doom (1993 video game) — Wikipedia.
- Points of Egress — Love + Radio.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.
One comment on “Smashing Security podcast #108: Hoaxes, Huawei and chatbots – with Mikko Hyppönen”
Nice to hear from Mikko again