Twerking robot assistants, an app from Saudi Arabia that lets men track women, and a gnarly skiing security snarl-up!
Oh, and find out how a didgeridoo could change your life and that of your loved ones.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by technology journalist Geoff White.
Smashing Security #118: 'The 's' in IoT stands for security'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Geoff White – @geoffwhite247
- A Jibo twerking — YouTube.
- Tweet by Dylan Martin about Jibo — Twitter.
- After Being Sold to a VC Firm, this $899 IoT Robot Will Soon Brick Itself — Motherboard.
- Your $350 Nike self-lacing sneakers aren't as smart as you hoped — Graham Cluley.
- Absher app — Wikipedia.
- Apple and Google Urged to Dump Saudi App That Lets Men Track Women — New York Times.
- Hacking ski helmet audio — Pen Test Partners.
- That's a nice ski speaker you've got there. Shame if it got pwned — The Register.
- Fleabag is back – and she's found religion — BBC News.
- Fleabag — BBC iPlayer.
- Jill Abramson: Ex-New York Times editor accused of plagiarism — BBC News.
- Password advice. Don't tell people to not reuse passwords. You might get a letter from this guy's solicitors… — Twitter.
- Moneyland: Why Thieves And Crooks Now Rule The World And How To Take It Back — Amazon.com.
- Play the Didgeridoo for Sleep Apnea and Snoring Relief — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
For anyone who is baffled by threat intelligence, and the benefits that it can bring to your company, this is the book for you. “The Threat Intelligence Handbook” is an easy-to-read guide will help you understand why threat intelligence is an essential part of every organisation’s defence against the latest cyber attacks.
Download it for free at www.smashingsecurity.com/intelligence now.
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.