Blackmailers are threatening to infect your family with Coronavirus, trolls are making Zoom an unsafe place for those of a sensitive disposition, and what is the mysterious Dr Negrin audio message spreading on WhatsApp?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by technology journalist Geoff White.
Smashing Security #171: 'WhatsApp hoaxes, Zoombombs, and 8-bit love'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Geoff White – @GeoffWhite247
- "Stay home and help flatten the curve!" — Tweet by Pornhub.
- ‘Dirty little secret’ extortion email threatens to give your family coronavirus — Naked Security.
- Google Assistant calling the hairdresser for an appointment — YouTube.
- Geoff White tweets about the "Dr Negrin" audio message. — Twitter.
- Priest in Italy live streams mass, activates filters by mistake — Reddit.
- Beware of ‘ZoomBombing:’ screensharing filth to video calls — TechCrunch.
- ‘Zoombombing’: When Video Conferences Go Wrong — The New York Times.
- How to prevent your Zoom meetings being Zoom-bombed (gate-crashed) by trolls — ZDNet.
- Students Are Targeting Zoom and Classroom With Bad Reviews To End Homework During Coronavirus Outbreak — Newsweek.
- MS-DOS Games you can play in your browser — The Internet Archive.
- Humbug by Graham Cluley — The Internet Archive.
- A New Map of Wonders: A Journey in Search of Modern Marvels — Amazon.com.
- Revolution [8 Bit Tribute to The Beatles] — YouTube.
- 8 Bit Universe — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.