Business email compromise evolves to target your company’s payroll, how the world’s largest gold coin was stolen from a Berlin museum, and are internet giants feeling the heat yet over data security?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by people hacker Jenny Radcliffe.
Jenny Radcliffe – @jenny_radcliffe
- Smashing Security on Reddit
- Business Email Compromise Scams Have Netted $12.5 Billion, Says FBI — Bitdefender.
- The 2 Investigators: Theft By 'Business Email Compromise' — YouTube.
- The Secret of My Success Soundtrack – "Oh yeah" by Yello — YouTube.
- How one company lost $44 million through an email scam — Tripwire.
- BEC Gangs Focus on Executives for Payroll Diversion Scams — Agari.
- Daring robbery: Rare gold coin worth millions stolen from Berlin’s Bode Museum — YouTube.
- Trial begins for 4 accused in gold coin heist — CBC.
- Four men go on trial for giant gold coin heist from Berlin museum — The Guardian.
- The CNIL’s restricted committee imposes a financial penalty of 50 Million euros against Google — CNIL.
- Portuguese hospital appeals GDPR fine — IT Governance blog.
- German chat site faces fine under GDPR after data breach — We Live Security.
- First GDPR fine issued by Austrian data protection regulator — Freshfields Digital.
- F.T.C. Is Said to Be Considering Large Facebook Fines — The New York TImes.
- The Office Quest Game.
- Office Quest – Nintendo Switch Official Trailer — YouTube.
- Radioactive wild boars rampaging around Fukushima nuclear site — The Independent.
- Maniac — Netflix.
- Waking Up Podcast #145 – The Information War — Sam Harris.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
For anyone who is baffled by threat intelligence, and the benefits that it can bring to your company, this is the book for you. “The Threat Intelligence Handbook” is an easy-to-read guide will help you understand why threat intelligence is an essential part of every organisation’s defence against the latest cyber attacks.
Download it for free at www.smashingsecurity.com/intelligence now.
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.