Booking.com got hacked five years ago, and didn’t tell its customers… but now we know who might have been behind it. Bossware rears its ugly head again in the workplace, spying on employees. And did you receive a warning email from the FBI?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Brian Klaas of the “Power Corrupts” podcast.
Plus we have a featured interview with Perimeter 81 co-founder and CEO Amit Bareket.
Brian Klaas – @brianklaas
- American spy hacked Booking.com, company stayed silent — NRC.
- Booking.com was reportedly hacked by a US intel agency but never told customers — Ars Technica.
- Dutch newspaper links Booking.com break-in to US spy groups — The Register.
- Belgium’s largest telecoms company says it was hacked — Graham Cluley.
- GCHQ “infected Belgium’s largest telecom company with spyware” — Graham Cluley.
- Is your company secretly monitoring your work at home? — Los Angeles Times.
- School janitor says she was fired for not installing smartphone tracking app — Graham Cluley.
- Hawaii’s ballistic missile false alarm and a user interface failure — Graham Cluley.
- FBI system hacked to email 'urgent' warning about fake cyberattacks — Bleeping Computer.
- Hoax Email Blast Abused Poor Coding in FBI Website — Krebs on Security.
- Vinny Troia's website.
- FBI Statement on Incident Involving Fake Emails — FBI.
- What is Trailmakers? — YouTube.
- Trailmakers – Build vehicles and explore the world.
- "Apologies to My Censor" by Mitch Moxley.
- "I Hate Suzie" trailer.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff
- Support us on Patreon!
1Password 8 for Windows has been reimagined to feel right at home on the world’s most popular desktop operating system.
From Dark Mode and passwordless integration to smart search and secure item sharing, 1Password 8 is the new home for your digital life.
Productivity improvements, enhanced security and privacy features, and a modern design deliver a first-class experience that offers the best of Windows 11.
1Password 8 for Windows helps you manage, remember, and protect your sensitive information more easily and securely than ever before.
Take the 14 day free trial now at 1password.com
Qualys was one of the first SaaS security companies, and delivers continuous, critical security intelligence via their Qualys Cloud Platform and integrated Cloud Apps.
Its powerful solutions empower organisations to streamline and consolidate their security and compliance solutions in a single platform and achieve greater business agility, better outcomes and substantial cost savings.
Qualys recently announced three new solutions designed to address today’s challenges faced by enterprises: Ransomware Risk Assessment, Cybersecurity Asset Management, and Zero Touch Patch Management.
Learn more at qualys.com
Perimeter 81 is the first-ever Cybersecurity Experience Platform, designed around Instant Deployment, Unified Management, Integrated Security, and Full Visibility.
Perimeter 81 allows organizations of any and all industry sizes to support IT teams with robust tools to secure and manage your global network with one unified platform.
Securing remote access for cloud and hybrid businesses and organizations, Perimeter 81 provides unified solutions such as Zero Trust Network Access, Firewall as a Service, Device Posture Check, and more.
Learn more and request a demo at perimeter81.com
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.