The iPhone 8 is on its way and may use 3D facial recognition rather than a fingerprint sensor to lock out intruders, and the UK’s Automobile Association claims it hasn’t leaked any credit card data, so why is it getting so upset about security researchers publishing screenshots of leaked data?
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by umm.. nobody.
Smashing Security #032: 'The iPhone 8, a data breach at the AA, and a mystery no show'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
- Yes – despite what it says – AA customer credit card data was exposed
- Apple Readies iPhone Overhaul for Smartphone’s 10th Anniversary – Bloomberg
- The World's Blackest Material – An Inside Look At Vantablack — YouTube video.
- About Touch ID advanced security technology – Apple Support
- He thought a book would stop a bullet and make him a YouTube star. Now he’s dead. – The Washington Post
- Firik Sleep Headphones — For those of you who want to look like John McEnroe when you’re snoozing in bed.
Thanks to our sponsor:
This episode of Smashing Security is made possible by the generous support of Recorded Future – the real-time threat intelligence company whose patented machine learning technology continuously analyzes technical, open, and dark web sources to give organizations unmatched insight into emerging threats.
Sign up for free daily threat intelligence updates at recordedfuture.com/intel. Thanks to Recorded Future for their support.
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on iTunes or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.
One comment on “Smashing Security podcast #032: The iPhone 8, a data breach at the AA, and a mystery no show”
I can't believe that couple was so stupid. They took down the video. There are plenty of videos showing .50 cals shot through books,