Dream girlfriends, AI love scams, and an alleged spy who is said to have made a series of blunders.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Host Unknown’s Thom Langford.
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Thom Langford – @thomlangford
- Former Soldier Indicted for Attempting to Pass National Defense Information to People’s Republic of China – US Department of Justice.
- ‘Dream’ AI Girlfriend Randomly Turns Into Nude Jennifer Lopez, Has Four Legs – 404 Media.
- LoveGPT: How “single ladies” looking for your data upped their game with ChatGPT – Avast Threat Labs.
- 5 Signs Your Tinder Match Is a Scam Bot – LifeWire.
- Support Alie Hothersall’s fundraising for Mind – JustGiving.
- “The Last Action Heroes” by Nick de Semlyen – Pan Macmillan.
- Life Kit – NPR.
- Tom Hanks has made a complaint – Twitter.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Kolide – Kolide ensures that if your device isn’t secure it can’t access your cloud apps. It’s Device Trust for Okta. Watch the demo today!
- Devo – Register now to join Devo and other cybersecurity industry professionals on October 18 for sessions and panels focused on de-stressing, SOC career development, and more!
- Moonlock — cybersecurity wing of MacPaw. Developers of the antimalware tech in CleanMyMac X — Moonlock Engine.
Support the show:
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.