The Gadget Show’s Jon Bentley joins us to discuss the mystery of a Facebook friend you never requested, software updates for the Mercedes S-Class, and risks in the online classroom.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast hosted by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault.
Jon Bentley – @jonbentley90
- Say hello to to the latest weird viral Facebook hoax: ‘Selene Delgado Lopez’ — Mashable.
- Veja Quem é Selene Delgado Lopez – a Fantasma do Facebook — YouTube.
- The 10 most important innovations in the New Mercedes-Benz S‑Class! — Exhibit.
- Mercedes Revs mbrace2 With Cloud Updates — Wired.
- San Leandro schools stepping up online security after latest Zoombomb — San Francisco Chronicle.
- ‘Zoombombers’ using porn to troll students across US — Miami Herald.
- Schoolgirl is robbed during a Zoom lesson in Ecuador — Daily Mail.
- Digital Education: The cyberrisks of the online classroom — SecureList.
- E-safety for schools — NSPCC Learning.
- A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? — The Guardian.
- Smart heater for water & milk — Heatle.
- Autopia: The Future of Cars by Jon Bentley — Amazon.
- Rayvolt Cruzer V3 E-Bike — CostCo.
- Harry Hill's TV Burp – Gadget Show Competition Prizes — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Most people agree that the most effective way to reduce the cost of an attack is to prevent it from happening in the first place!
Deep Instinct strives to prevent all known and unknown threats using deep learning, making detection and response automated, fast and effective for any threat that cannot be prevented.
Check out a report by the Ponemon Institute, which studied the cost savings of adopting an efficient prevention model. Go grab it at smashingsecurity.com/deepinstinct
Immersive Labs delivers hands-on, challenge-based training and exercises to make your team ready to fight real-world threats.
Check out their free ebook all about the MITRE ATT&CK framework, and how you can use it as part of your cyber skills strategy and improve your security posture by identifying weaknesses. Visit immersivelabs.com/smashing now.
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.