We take a trip to Staten Island, New York, to hear how a case of cyberstalking resulted in the arrest of 20 alleged mobsters, learn about the nude photo-loving insider threat at Yahoo, and discover how fraudsters might be boosting Match.com’s profits.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Ran Levi of the “Malicious Life” podcast.
Ran Levi – @ranlevi
- The "You Think I'm Funny?" scene from "Goodfellas" — YouTube.
- 20 Defendants Charged with Crimes, Including Racketeering, Extortion, Loansharking — Department of Justice.
- Indictment against Joseph Amato and others (PDF) — Department of Justice.
- GPS cyberstalking of girlfriend brings surveillance and indictment for alleged American mobster — The Register.
- How to Find a GPS Tracker on Your Vehicle.
- Former Yahoo Software Engineer Pleads Guilty To Using Work Access To Hack Into Yahoo Users’ Personal Accounts — Department of Justice.
- Former Yahoo engineer pleads guilty to searching 6,000 user accounts for nudes — The Verge.
- Using Match.com? Read this — FTC Consumer Information.
- Why Match.com allegedly luring lonely customers with fake ‘winks’ is just another form of ‘phishing’ — MarketWatch.
- Fembots land Ashley Madison in hot water with the FTC — Graham Cluley.
- Mark Lewisohn Official Website.
- Hornsey Road with Mark Lewisohn.
- The Beatles' Abbey Road (Super Deluxe Edition) — Spotify.
- Jigsaw Explorer — Online Jigsaw Puzzles.
- Criminal — Netflix.
- Criminal Review: Netflix Crime Drama With Parts Better Than the Whole — Collider.
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.