Carole takes us into the sinister side of Barbie, while Graham describes a stalkerware operation that has been spilling its secrets.
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault.
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
- SpyHide couldn’t hide forever – Maia arson crimew.
- Spyhide stalkerware is spying on tens of thousands of phones – TechCrunch.
- Use Google Play Protect to help keep your apps safe and your data private – Google.
- Coalition against Stalkerware.
- Eyeing Barbie movie download? Beware of online scam, says McAfee – Tech News.
- A Complete History of the Barbie Movie – Vanity Fair.
- 20 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Barbie – Readers Digest.
- Influencer’s ‘Honest Review’ of ‘Barbie’ Goes Viral – Newsweek.
- How scammers are using ‘Barbie’ craze to steal personal information – The Hill.
- ‘Barbie’ Box Office to Blast Past $700M Globally After Record Week – The Hollywood Reporter.
- Scammers Love Barbie: Fake Videos Promote Bogus Ticket Offers That Steal Personal Info – McAfee.
- History vs Hollywood.
- Weird: The Al Yankovic story – History vs Hollywood.
- The News Meeting – Tortoise podcasts.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Kolide – Kolide ensures that if your device isn’t secure it can’t access your cloud apps. It’s Device Trust for Okta. Watch the demo today!
- Hunters – A SOC platform, built to empower your security team to reduce risk, complexity and costs.
- Moonlock – The cybersecurity wing of MacPaw. Developers of CleanMyMac X antimalware tech, Moonlock Engine.
Support the show:
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.