Dr 90210 finds himself in a sticky situation after his patients’ plastic surgery photos AND more end up in the hands of hackers, emails to the US military end up in the wrong hands, and script kiddies salivate at the thought of Business Email Compromise powered by generative AI.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by T-Minus Space Daily’s Maria Varmazis.
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Maria Varmazis – @mvarmazis
- 90210 plastic surgeon Dr Gary Motykie.
- Dr Gary Motykie videos – YouTube.
- More plastic surgery patients have their nude photos and information leaked – DataBreaches.net.
- Typo watch: ‘Millions of emails’ for US military sent to .ml addresses in error – The Register.
- Hundreds of thousands of US military e-mails wind up in Mali – Le Monde.
- Beware of WormGPT: AI Tool Enables Cyber Attacks and Impersonation Scams – IB Times.
- WormGPT: a generative AI tool to compromise business emails – CSO Online.
- WormGPT – The Generative AI Tool Cybercriminals Are Using to Launch BEC Attacks – SlashNext.
- “Who shat on the floor at my wedding?”
- Futurama – Wikipedia.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Kolide – Kolide ensures that if your device isn’t secure it can’t access your cloud apps. It’s Device Trust for Okta. Watch the demo today!
- ClearVPN – Hide your IP address, browse without geo-restrictions, and stay private online with a 30 day free trial of its premium plan.
Support the show:
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.