An app leaking private conversations and intimate photographs is ignoring requests to fix the problem, hackers poison a security update sent to ASUS PCs, and how to protect your privacy in motel rooms.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Maria Varmazis.
Maria Varmazis – @mvarmazis
- Varmazis.gr – The hot sauce factory.
- This Spyware Data Leak Is So Bad We Can't Even Tell You About It — Motherboard.
- A family tracking app was leaking real-time location data — TechCrunch.
- Popular family tracking app exposed real-time location data onto the internet – no password required — Hot for Security.
- Hosting Provider Finally Takes Down Spyware Leak of Thousands of Photos and Phone Calls — Motherboard.
- security.txt | A proposed standard which allows websites to define security policies.
- Hackers Hijacked ASUS Software Updates to Install Backdoors on Thousands of Computers — Motherboard.
- Operation ShadowHammer — Kaspersky.
- Shadow Hammer APT MAC Check.
- ASUS Settles FTC Charges That Insecure Home Routers and “Cloud” Services Put Consumers’ Privacy At Risk — Federal Trade Commission.
- ASUSFourceUpdater.exe is trying to do some mystery update, but it won't say what… — Reddit.
- Asus implements fix for malware attack — Reuters.
- ASUS response to the recent media reports regarding ASUS Live Update tool attack by Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) groups.
- Passion for life: Self-expansion and passionate love across the life span — Journal of Social and Personal Relationships.
- So THAT'S Why Hotel Sex Is So Much Better Than At Home — Huffington Post.
- South Korea arrests two for spy cameras that livestreamed 1,600 motel guests — Reuters.
- Zach King magic tricks — YouTube.
- Killed by Google – The Google Graveyard & Cemetery.
- Outline – Read & annotate without distractions.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Grab your FREE Cybersecurity Awareness Training Kit from Mimecast, and share it throughout your company. Give your employees the information they need to make the best cybersecurity decisions.
Get your free kit at smashingsecurity.com/mimecast
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.