An app leaking private conversations and intimate photographs is ignoring requests to fix the problem, hackers poison a security update sent to ASUS PCs, and how to protect your privacy in motel rooms.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Maria Varmazis.
Maria Varmazis – @mvarmazis
- Varmazis.gr – The hot sauce factory.
- This Spyware Data Leak Is So Bad We Can't Even Tell You About It — Motherboard.
- A family tracking app was leaking real-time location data — TechCrunch.
- Popular family tracking app exposed real-time location data onto the internet – no password required — Hot for Security.
- Hosting Provider Finally Takes Down Spyware Leak of Thousands of Photos and Phone Calls — Motherboard.
- security.txt | A proposed standard which allows websites to define security policies.
- Hackers Hijacked ASUS Software Updates to Install Backdoors on Thousands of Computers — Motherboard.
- Operation ShadowHammer — Kaspersky.
- Shadow Hammer APT MAC Check.
- ASUS Settles FTC Charges That Insecure Home Routers and “Cloud” Services Put Consumers’ Privacy At Risk — Federal Trade Commission.
- ASUSFourceUpdater.exe is trying to do some mystery update, but it won't say what… — Reddit.
- Asus implements fix for malware attack — Reuters.
- ASUS response to the recent media reports regarding ASUS Live Update tool attack by Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) groups.
- Passion for life: Self-expansion and passionate love across the life span — Journal of Social and Personal Relationships.
- So THAT'S Why Hotel Sex Is So Much Better Than At Home — Huffington Post.
- South Korea arrests two for spy cameras that livestreamed 1,600 motel guests — Reuters.
- Zach King magic tricks — YouTube.
- Killed by Google – The Google Graveyard & Cemetery.
- Outline – Read & annotate without distractions.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.