A Facebook friend request leads to arrest, Twitter scams ride again via promoted ads, and adult websites expose their members. Oh, and Graham finds out what Rule 34 is.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Maria Varmazis.
Maria Varmazis – @mvarmazis
- Robber contacts victim on Facebook to apologize, Reading police say — Reading Eagle
- Maria Varmazis spots a promoted, verified scam tweet — Twitter
- Why is Elon Musk promoting this Bitcoin scam? (He’s not) — Naked Security
- Twitter thought Elon Musk's bizarre tweets were evidence he'd been hacked — Graham Cluley
- Hack on 8 adult websites exposes oodles of intimate user data — Ars Technica
- Wife Lovers website snapshot — Wayback Machine
- Friends Reunited — Wikipedia
- The Beano — Wikipedia
- Former CIA Chief Explains How Spies Use Disguises — YouTube
- What Makes ‘The Good Place’ So Good? — The New York Times
- The Good Place Season 1 Trailer — YouTube
- Trolley problem — Wikipedia
- IRL Glasses Block All the Screens Around You — Wired
- IRL Glasses – Glasses that Block Screens by Ivan Cash — Kickstarter
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
People are the key to minimizing your Cyber Security risk posture. MetaCompliance makes this easier by providing a single platform for Phishing, Cybersecurity training, Policy, Privacy and Incident management. Listeners can get a 10% discount off the high-quality CyberSecurity eLearning catalog by quoting the code SMASHING. Visit www.smashingsecurity.com/metacompliance now.
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.