Who has been warning Italian criminals that their phones are wiretapped? Can you trust your voice to protect your bank account? And why is TikTok being singled out by investigators?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Dinah Davis.
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Dinah Davis – @dinah_davis
- Wiretapping Italian police tune in to hear their secrets being sold – The Times.
- Jeremy Paxman stuns Silvio Berlusconi with Angela Merkel insult allegation – The Guardian.
- Silvio Berlusconi interviewed by Jeremy Paxman on BBC Newsnight – YouTube.
- Protests grow in Italy over the wiretapping of journalists – Independent.
- How I Broke Into a Bank Account With an AI-Generated Voice – Vice.
- TikTok under investigation by Canadian privacy authorities – BBC.
- The UN’s cyber crime treaty could be a privacy disaster – IT Pro.
- TikToker outlines how she quit every job she’s had over the ‘most minor inconveniences’ Yahoo News.
- “Check It Out” episode about nuclear war from July 1980 – YouTube.
- The North-West Is Our Mother: The Story of Louis Riel’s People, the Métis Nation – GoodReads.
- Fleishman is in Trouble review – Jesse Eisenberg’s endlessly witty divorce drama is almost too good – The Guardian.
- Fleishman is in Trouble – Disney+
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Bitwarden – Password security you can trust. Bitwarden is an open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations worldwide for secure password storage and sharing.
- Kolide – the SaaS app that sends employees important, timely, and relevant security recommendations concerning their Mac, Windows, and Linux devices, right inside Slack.
- Drata – Put Security and Compliance on Autopilot. Build trust with your customers and scale securely with Drata, the smartest way to achieve continuous SOC 2, ISO 27001 & HIPAA compliance.
Support the show:
You can help the podcast by telling your friends and colleagues about “Smashing Security”, and leaving us a review on Apple Podcasts or Podchaser.
Become a supporter via Patreon or Apple Podcasts for ad-free episodes and our early-release feed!
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or on Mastodon, on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.