Drug dealers come unstuck while using the Encrochat encrypted-messaging app, and we put the Lensa AI avatar-generation tool under the microscope.
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault.
Plus – don’t miss our featured interview with Rico Acosta, IT manager at Bitwarden.
Smashing Security #302: 'Lensa AI, and a dog called Bob'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
- Smashing Security 229: Dating leaks, right to repair, and a stinky bishop – Smashing Security.
- Hard cheese: Stilton snap shared via EncroChat leads to drug dealer’s downfall – The Register.
- Operation Venetic: Pet dog and accidental selfies help convict international drugs traffickers – NCA.
- What does the Lensa AI app do with my self-portraits and why has it gone viral? – The Guardian.
- Lensa, the AI portrait app, has soared in popularity. But many artists question the ethics of AI art – NBC News.
- I Uploaded Photos of Myself to the New Lensa A.I. Portrait Generator. The Results Were Stunning, Strange… and Super Creepy – Artnet.
- People keep sharing their AI-generated portraits: What to know about Lensa, and why some push back on it – USA Today.
- How Is Everyone Making Those A.I. Selfies? – New York Times.
- Lensa AI: Security concerns regarding app behind colourful selfies on social media – The National News.
- ‘Magic Avatar’ App Lensa Generated Nudes From My Childhood Photos – Wired.
- Celebrities Are Obsessed With This Amazing New AI Portrait App – Hello Giggles.
- This AI Self-Portrait App is Taking Over the Internet – Medium.
- Wednesday Shows Off Her Moves – YouTube.
- ‘Wednesday’ faces backlash over Jenna Ortega’s COVID dance scene – NME.
- Channel Television Disco Dancin’ Final – YouTube.
- Sticky Pickles.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Drata – Put Security and Compliance on Autopilot. Build trust with your customers and scale securely with Drata, the smartest way to achieve continuous SOC 2, ISO 27001 & HIPAA compliance.
- Bitwarden – Password security you can trust. Bitwarden is an open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations worldwide for secure password storage and sharing.
- Kolide – the SaaS app that sends employees important, timely, and relevant security recommendations concerning their Mac, Windows, and Linux devices, right inside Slack.
Support the show:
You can help the podcast by telling your friends and colleagues about “Smashing Security”, and leaving us a review on Apple Podcasts or Podchaser.
Become a Patreon supporter for ad-free episodes and our early-release feed!
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or on Mastodon, on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.