Graham offers some security and privacy advice for those exodusing Twitter to Mastodon, and Carole slams the door shut on a notorious scammer with a huge Instagram following.
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, who aren’t joined by a guest this week.
- Mastodon: What you need to know for your security and privacy – Graham Cluley.
- Follow Graham Cluley on Mastodon.
- Hushpuppi: Notorious Nigerian fraudster jailed for 11 years in US – BBC.
- Influencer involved in $1.1 million Qatar school financing scam jailed – Alarabiya.
- Influencer ‘Ray Hushpuppi’ jailed over plan to launder $300m – The Guardian.
- Hushpuppi’s wife, Imams write judge as US court sentences fraudster today – Premium Times.
- Living trailer – YouTube.
- Kleo – Netflix.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Kolide – the SaaS app that sends employees important, timely, and relevant security recommendations concerning their Mac, Windows, and Linux devices, right inside Slack.
- Bitwarden – Password security you can trust. Bitwarden is an open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations worldwide for secure password storage and sharing.
- Sealit – Zero Trust Data Protection: protect, share, and monitor confidential emails and files – without passwords. Integrated with Gmail, Outlook, and file systems. Learn more and take advantage of Sealit’s special offer to “Smashing Security” listeners.
Support the show:
Become a Patreon supporter for ad-free episodes and our early-release feed!
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.