Pornhub has a problem, the UK’s Co-op supermarket is accused of big brother tactics, and we take a look at how a security researcher is revealing the true identify of hackers.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Maria Varmazis.
Smashing Security #286: 'Hackers doxxed, Pornhub probs, and Co-op security measures'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Maria Varmazis – @mvarmazis
- On security researcher's newsletter, exposing cybercriminals behind ransomware — CyberScoop.
- ‘Imma Make U Dig Ur Own Grave’: He Doxes Ransomware Hackers and Gets Death Threats in Return — Vice.
- Intrusion Truth – Five Years of Naming and Shaming China’s Spies — Kim Zetter.
- Who Is 'Intrusion Truth,' Group Exposing Alleged Chinese Hackers? — Daily Dot.
- The Leopards Eating People's Faces Party meme — Know Your Meme.
- Tweet by Bill Ackman.
- Judge Refuses Visa’s Request to Escape Pornhub-Related Lawsuit — The New York Times.
- How to Prevent and Handle Robberies and Theft in Retail — Vend Retail Blog.
- Abuse of shopworkers is on the rise – coronavirus brought it to our attention and now we need to act — The Conversation.
- ‘Tackling violence and abuse in retail must be one of the industry’s highest priorities’ — Retail Week.
- Convenience store spy cameras face legal challenge — BBC News.
- Looking back at the career of Bernard Cribbins — YouTube.
- Tribute to David Warner — YouTube.
- Webb Compare — John Christensen.
- Support Maria Varmazis on the Pan-Mass Challenge.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
- Bitwarden – Password security you can trust. Bitwarden is an open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations worldwide for secure password storage and sharing.
- Gigamon – Gigamon is the leading deep observability company. Download their latest report into the state of ransomware to learn why deep observability is the new frontier for tackling the ransomware crisis.
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.