How did a saxophonist sneak sensitive information in and out of the Soviet Union? How might an Apple AirTag have led to murder? And isn’t the world of cryptocurrency and blockchain doing just great?
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault.
Smashing Security #279: 'Encrypted notes, and a deadly case of AirTag spying'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
- Welsh James Bond Timothy Dalton's cello escape in "The Living Daylights" — YouTube.
- How a Saxophonist Tricked the KGB by Encrypting Secrets in Music — Wired.
- Woman accused of killing boyfriend using AirTag tracking — The Register.
- Andre Smith fatally struck by car outside Tilly's Pub, woman charged — Indy Star.
- Indianapolis woman Gaylyn Morris accused of tracking boyfriend with Apple AirTag, killing him with car, police say — The Washington Post.
- An update on AirTag and unwanted tracking — Apple.
- Apple Updates iPhone with 'Safety Check' for Domestic Victims — Gizmodo.
- Web3 is going just great.
- Audm – Listen to feature stories from The Atlantic, WIRED, and more.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
A password manager is an important tool for generating and saving secure credentials for every online account. Bitwarden makes it easy to stay secure and for businesses to share logins with team members and departments. Open source with published 3rd party security audits, Bitwarden is transparent and secure, utilizing end-to-end and zero knowledge encryption with source code that can be scrutinized by all.
Learn how Bitwarden can help you do business faster and more securely at bitwarden.com/smashing and start a free business plan trial today.
At Kolide, we believe the supposedly Average Person is the key to unlocking a new class of security detection, compliance, and threat remediation. So do the hundreds of organizations that send important security notifications to employees from Kolide’s Slack app.
Collectively, we know that organizations can dramatically lower the actual risks they will likely face with a structured, message-based approach. More importantly, they’ll be able to engage end-users to fix nuanced problems that can’t be automated.
Try Kolide Free for 14 Days; no credit card required.
Is your organization finding it difficult to achieve compliance and scale its security posture? As G2’s highest rated cloud compliance software, Drata streamlines your SOC 2, ISO 27001, PCI DSS, GDPR & HIPAA compliance and provides 24-hour continuous control monitoring so you focus on scaling securely. Drata is also the only compliance automation platform with a private tenant database. That’s like having your cake and securing it too
Countless security professionals from companies including Notion, FullStory, & BambooHR have shared how crucial it has been to have Drata as a trusted partner in the compliance process.
Listeners of Smashing Security can get 10% off Drata and waived implementation fees at smashingsecurity.com/drata
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.