Who’s wearing the pyjamas while they take down North Korea’s internet? Is it a case of cop or cosplay in Oregon? And what’s to fear about the metaverse?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Cyberwire’s Dave Bittner.
Dave Bittner – @bittner
- Space Station Photos Show North Korea at Night, Cloaked in Darkness — National Geographic.
- North Korea Hacked Him. So He Took Down Its Internet — Wired.
- North Korean hackers attempt to hack security researchers investigating zero-day vulnerabilities — Hot for Security.
- Woman ‘Tricked’ to Believe She Was a D.E.A. Agent Trainee, Official Says — New York Times.
- Alleged DEA imposter in Portland took woman on ‘ride-alongs,’ had her flash fake badge to find informants among homeless people, complaint says — Oregon Live.
- Meta forced to add ‘personal boundaries’ to the Metaverse after woman was sexually harassed in virtual reality — The Independent.
- Horizon Worlds metaverse app could pose danger for kids, experts say — Washington Post.
- The metaverse has a groping problem already — MIT Technology Review.
- Sexual harassment in the metaverse? Woman says she was virtually raped — USA Today.
- Talking Telephone Numbers Breakdown w/ separated Transmission & Talkback audio — YouTube.
- 2013 Tony Awards Director On FIRE!!! — YouTube.
- Ghosts — BBC iPlayer.
- Chateau Snavely — A terrible Fawlty Towers remake from 1978, with Betty White.
- Amanda's By the Sea — A terrible Fawlty Towers remake from 1983, with Bea Arthur.
- Payne — A terrible Fawlty Towers remake from 1999, which doesn’t star anyone from The Golden Girls.
- Couples Therapy — BBC iPlayer.
- Couples Therapy trailer — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff
- Support us on Patreon!
Optimize your IT processes with the baramundi Management Suite and make optimal use of resources by automating time-consuming routine tasks.
Stay in control and maximize your productivity by automating routine tasks. The Unified Endpoint Management Software can be installed and implemented quickly, is intuitive to use, has a modular structure and offers a high level of usability and transparency.
Try out the free 30-Day full version for yourself today at baramundi.com/smashingsecurity
1Password Families makes sharing passwords, logins, credit cards and more a (romantic) walk in the park. From now until February 28th, when you sign up for – or upgrade your individual account to – a 1Password Families membership, you’ll get $20 off the entire year!
Learn more at smashingsecurity.com/love1password
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.