After a brief discussion of the Log4Shell vulnerability panic, we chat about how Virgin Media has got itself into hot water, a fat-fingered fumble at the Bored Ape Yacht Club, and how to hack around your sleeping girlfriend’s facial recognition.
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Mark Stockley.
Mark Stockley – @markstockley
- Log4Shell: The race is on to fix millions of systems and internet-connected devices — Graham Cluley.
- Virgin Media Limited monetary penalty notice (PDF) — Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Virgin Media fined £50k for spamming opted-out customers — The Register.
- Bored Ape NFT accidentally sells for $3,000 instead of $300,000 — BBC News.
- Man steals $23K using ex's phone through facial recognition: report — NY Post.
- Man sentenced to 3.5 years in prison after transferring $23,500 on ex-girlfriend's phone by pulling up her eyelid — Global Times.
- What Every Heart Emoji Really Means — Emojipedia.
- Graham or Carole? NFT for sale — OpenSea.
- Mare of Easttown: Official Trailer — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.