A Walmart press release says it’s jumping aboard the cryptocurrency bus – but is it true? Theranos’s Elizabeth Holmes goes on trial, and have you updated your Apple gadgets to protect against the latest NSO Group spyware attack?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Host Unknown’s Thom Langford.
Thom Langford – @thomlangford
- Fake Walmart news release claimed it would accept cryptocurrency — BBC News.
- Alerts and story on Walmart to accept Litecoin payments withdrawn — Reuters.
- NOTICE TO DISREGARD – Walmart Inc. — Globe Newswire
- Walmart Statement in Response to Fake Litecoin Press Release — Walmart.
- Litecoin Foundation ‘Screwed Up,’ Lee Says of Walmart Snafu — Bloomberg.
- Walmart-Litecoin Pact Hoax Jolts Crypto Market — YouTube.
- Official statement from Litcoin Foundation — Twitter.
- Apple rushes to block 'zero-click' iPhone spyware — BBC News.
- Pegasus: Spyware sold to governments 'targets activists' — BBC News.
- Smashing Security #237: NuNa, NuNu, NaNa — Podcast episode where we previously discussed NSO Group’s activities.
- The rise and fall of Theranos: so many lessons in a drop of blood — The Conversation.
- Theranos Didn’t Just Harm Investors — Bloomberg.
- Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes 'lied and cheated', trial hears — BBC News.
- Theranos Founder Elizabeth Holmes Is on Trial. Silicon Valley Is Watching — Wired.
- #susanalbumparty: The ad campaigns that accidentally (or not) launched filthy hashtags — BBC.
- Bad Blood: The Final Chapter — Apple Podcasts.
- "The Trip" trailer — YouTube.
- 101 Great Cuss/Swear Word Alternatives — WeHaveKids.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.