A Walmart press release says it’s jumping aboard the cryptocurrency bus – but is it true? Theranos’s Elizabeth Holmes goes on trial, and have you updated your Apple gadgets to protect against the latest NSO Group spyware attack?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Host Unknown’s Thom Langford.
Smashing Security #243: 'Breaking news, Apple zero-clicks, and bad blood'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Thom Langford – @thomlangford
- Fake Walmart news release claimed it would accept cryptocurrency — BBC News.
- Alerts and story on Walmart to accept Litecoin payments withdrawn — Reuters.
- NOTICE TO DISREGARD – Walmart Inc. — Globe Newswire
- Walmart Statement in Response to Fake Litecoin Press Release — Walmart.
- Litecoin Foundation ‘Screwed Up,’ Lee Says of Walmart Snafu — Bloomberg.
- Walmart-Litecoin Pact Hoax Jolts Crypto Market — YouTube.
- Official statement from Litcoin Foundation — Twitter.
- Apple rushes to block 'zero-click' iPhone spyware — BBC News.
- Pegasus: Spyware sold to governments 'targets activists' — BBC News.
- Smashing Security #237: NuNa, NuNu, NaNa — Podcast episode where we previously discussed NSO Group’s activities.
- The rise and fall of Theranos: so many lessons in a drop of blood — The Conversation.
- Theranos Didn’t Just Harm Investors — Bloomberg.
- Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes 'lied and cheated', trial hears — BBC News.
- Theranos Founder Elizabeth Holmes Is on Trial. Silicon Valley Is Watching — Wired.
- #susanalbumparty: The ad campaigns that accidentally (or not) launched filthy hashtags — BBC.
- Bad Blood: The Final Chapter — Apple Podcasts.
- "The Trip" trailer — YouTube.
- 101 Great Cuss/Swear Word Alternatives — WeHaveKids.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
With 1Password you only ever need to memorize one password. All your other passwords and important information are protected by your Master Password, which only you know. Take the 14 day free trial now at 1password.com
It’s time to get serious about preventing and detecting credential abuse, privilege escalation, and entitlement exposures.
Attivo Networks gives you visibility on identity exposures, vulnerabilities, and attack paths from endpoints to Active Directory to the cloud – all while creating an active defense, delaying and derailing attacks, empowering the defender and eliminating an attacker’s advantage.
Learn more and kick credential attacks to the curb, by visiting www.attivonetworks.com
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.