Facebook says it’s sticking up for the little guys as it picks a fight with Apple, there are testing times on the trains, and Twitter takes a tip.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Ray [REDACTED].
Ray [REDACTED] – @RayRedacted
- Train firm’s ‘worker bonus’ email is actually cybersecurity test — The Guardian.
- Anger Over Shocking Covid Bonus Stunt At West Midlands Trains — TSSA.
- Researcher calls out privacy flaw in Twitter’s new ‘Tip Jar’ donation feature — The Daily Swig.
- Twitter's Tip Jar Privacy Fiasco Was Entirely Avoidable — Wired.
- We Checked 250 iPhone Apps—This Is How They’re Tracking You — Wirecutter.
- 96% of US users opt out of app tracking in iOS 14.5, analytics find — Ars Technica.
- App Privacy Details on the App Store — Apple.
- What is App Tracking Transparency and how do you block app tracking? — MacWorld.
- Daily iOS 14.5 Opt-in Rate — Flurry.
- If an app asks to track your activity — Apple Support.
- Another Kind of Mind – A Different Kind of Beatles Podcast.
- One Sweet Dream podcast.
- The Pret Index: Pret Sandwich Sales Show Where U.K. Workers Are Returning to the Office — Bloomberg.
- Unframed : Intimacies, Félix Vallotton — YouTube.
- Unframed, a virtual reality serie about Swiss painters.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
With 1Password you only ever need to memorize one password. All your other passwords and important information are protected by your Master Password, which only you know. Take the 14 day free trial now at 1password.com
We store more personal information on our devices than we do in our homes. Where do you go online when you want to write or share something privately?
Skiff is the first collaboration platform built for privacy from the ground up. Every document, note, and idea you write is end-to-end encrypted and completely private. Only you and your trusted collaborators – no one else, not even Skiff – can see what you’ve created.
Skiff is offering listeners of Smashing Security early access. Sign up now: skiff.org/smashing
According to the OneLogin IAMokay Mental Health Survey, more than 77% of technology leaders have said that their work-related stress increased due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a result, CISOs and IT executives have been under ever-increasing pressure – leading to deteriorating mental health, addiction issues, and even suicidal thoughts and tendencies.
OneLogin’s message? You’re not alone. Attend their live event on Weds May 26, “Keeping the Mind Clear and the Company Secure” at smashingsecurity.com/oneloginiamokay
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.