A scam involving restaurant bookings at The Ritz is suitably sophisticated, the second wave of UK coronavirus testing apps, and we take a look at one of the biggest studies ever into the scourge of robocalls.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by BBC technology correspondent Rory Cellan-Jones.
Smashing Security #192: 'Ritz and robocalls - with Rory Cellan-Jones'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Rory Cellan-Jones – @ruskin147
- Tech Tent podcast — BBC World Service.
- Sir Frederick Barclay releases footage of alleged Ritz bugging — The Guardian.
- Tea at the Ritz soured by credit card scammers — BBC News.
- Tweet from The Ritz London.
- Coronavirus: England's contact-tracing app gets green light for trial — BBC News.
- Coronavirus: England's contact tracing app trial gets under way — BBC News.
- A simple telephony honeypot received 1.5 million robocalls across 11 months — ZDNet.
- Who's Calling? Characterizing Robocalls through Audio and Metadata Analysis — USENIX.
- Pick of the Week archive — Smashing Security.
- 13 Minutes to the Moon — BBC World Service.
- Borrasca — QCODE.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.