Scammers from Africa are preying on US businesses, a drug dealer makes a mistake when hiding his Bitcoin fortune, and the Coronavirus pandemic is causing scams to soar and raising questions about facial recognition.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Naked Security’s Anna Brading.
Anna Brading – @annabrading
- Business Email Compromise (BEC) and G Suite: How the Exaggerated Lion Cybercrime Group Cashes Out — Agari.
- A weed dealer’s $59M lesson: Don’t hide Bitcoin keys with a fishing rod — Ars Technica.
- Chance encounter with gardaí unmasked bitcoin millionaire drug dealer — Irish Times.
- Man who ‘threw away’ bitcoin haul now worth over $80m wants to dig up landfill site — The Independent.
- Coronavirus Update — RSA Conference.
- The Coronavirus Is Swiftly Breaching Defenses Across The World — Peak Prosperity.
- Scores of Hongkongers hit by mask scam on Facebook, hundreds more could be fraud victims since coronavirus outbreak — South China Morning Post.
- How Big of a Scam Are 'Coronavirus Protection Kits?' — Vice.
- Wearing a mask won’t stop facial recognition anymore — Abacus News.
- Coronavirus phishing scam targets victims with false information — Business Insider.
- This Cat Does Not Exist.
- These Cats Do Not Exist.
- Intelligence — Sky.
- This Country — BBC Three.
- Farkle — Wikipedia.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.