A conspiracy spreads on social media about Coronavirus tracing apps, US police find decades’ worth of sensitive data leaked online, and is there a Bitcoin bonanza to be had from watching Elon Musk YouTube videos?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by BBC technology reporter Zoe Kleinman.
Zoe Kleinman – @zsk
- How photographs are airbrushed — A 2010 BBC News article, starring Zoe Kleinman.
- Elon Musk Bitcoin vanity addresses used to scam users out of $2 million — ZDNet.
- Kate Winslet responds to Bitcoin scam faking her endorsement — Decrypt.
- Bitcoin scam uses Prince Harry, Meghan Markle to dupe would-be investors — Decrypt.
- Covid-19 tracing tool on smartphones is 'not app' — BBC News.
- ‘BlueLeaks’ Exposes Files from Hundreds of Police Departments — Krebs on Security.
- Koko Analytics — A privacy-friendly analytics plugin for WordPress.
- Fathom — Fast, simple and privacy-focused website analytics.
- Upload trailer — YouTube.
- Backspace and beyond — Audioboom.
- The Magnus Archives — Horror podcast.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.