Whatever happened to Crackas with Attitude, perfidious Albion College’s approach to locking down Coronavirus, and the Bridgefy mesh messaging app falls down when it comes to security.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Anna Brading.
Smashing Security #193: 'Hacking the CIA, Bridgefy, and college lockdowns'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Anna Brading – @annabrading
- CIA boss has his personal email account hacked… and yes, it’s on AOL — Graham Cluley.
- Two years' detention for UK teenager who 'cyberterrorised' US officials — The Guardian.
- Kane Gamble sentencing remarks (PDF).
- What It’s Like for a Hacker to Get Back Online After a Two-Year Internet Ban — Motherboard.
- Fearing coronavirus, a Michigan college is tracking its students with a flawed app — TechCrunch.
- Bridgefy, the messenger promoted for mass protests, is a privacy disaster — Ars Technica.
- Bridgefy’s Commitment to Privacy and Security.
- Mesh Messaging in Large-scale protests: Breaking Bridgefy — Technical paper by Martin R Albecht, Jorge Blasco, Lenka Marekova, and Rikke Bjerg Jensen of Royal Holloway, University of London.
- How to Watch The Avengers Movies in Order — Digital Trends.
- "Thor: Ragnarok" Official Trailer — YouTube.
- Sounds of the 90s with Fearne Cotton — BBC.
- Super Sapiens: a card game to help change the world — Etsy.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.