Journalists spying on their rivals, the NHS rejects Apple and Google’s approach to Coronavirus-tracing, and universities are hit by an old-fashioned sexy lady attack.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Rik Ferguson.
Smashing Security #176: 'Hacking hacks and university attacks'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Rik Ferguson – @rik_ferguson
- Vote for Smashing Security in the EU Security Blogger Awards!
- Financial Times reporter accessed private calls at Independent and Evening Standard — The Independent.
- FT suspends journalist accused of listening to rival outlets' Zoom calls — The Guardian.
- Sky News admits it hacked Canoe Man’s email — Naked Security.
- Is it ever acceptable for a journalist to hack into somebody else’s email? — Naked Security.
- NHS rejects Apple-Google coronavirus app plan — BBC News.
- Threat Actors Repurpose Hupigon in Adult Dating Attacks Targeting US Universities — Proofpoint.
- Warwick University kept data hack secret from students and staff — Birmingham Live.
- JustWatch – The Streaming Guide.
- Just Watch — Apple App Store.
- Just Watch — Google Play.
- Fire for Kids Unlimited — Amazon UK.
- Kindle Limited for Kids — Amazon.com.
- J! Archive.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.