Should possessing malware be illegal in itself? How did a Russian cryptocurrency exchange millionaire lose his fortune? And what on earth are Amazon Ring doorbell cams up to now?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Lisa Forte.
And don’t miss our special featured interview with Adrian Sanabria, all about Thinkst Canary.
Lisa Forte – @LisaForteUK
- Senate Bill 30 (PDF)
- Maryland: Make malware possession a crime! Yes, yes, researchers get a free pass — The Register.
- The City Of Baltimore Blew Off A $76,000 Ransomware Demand Only To Find Out A Bunch Of Its Data Had Never Been Backed Up — Techdirt.
- Smashing Security 151: Frankly, sometimes paying the ransom is a good idea.
- Maryland Computer Crimes Laws — FindLaw.
- Maryland Cookies TV advert — YouTube.
- Hunting the missing millions from collapsed cryptocurrency — BBC News.
- Inside the hellish workday of an Amazon warehouse employee — New York Post.
- Ring Doorbell App Packed with Third-Party Trackers — Electronic Frontier Foundation.
- Nicholas Parsons: 'Broadcasting legend' dies at 96 after short illness — BBC News.
- Just a Minute — Wikipedia.
- Nicholas Parsons interviewed by Richard Herring — YouTube.
- Her Story – A Video Game About a Woman Talking to the Police.
- Her Story trailer — YouTube.
- Her Story follow-up takes place on a stolen NSA hard drive — Polygon.
- Bezos learns the harsh lesson of texting a crown prince fond of crucifixions — Marina Hyde, writing in The Guardian.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Most companies discover they’ve been breached way too late. Thinkst Canary fixes this: just 3 minutes of setup; no ongoing overhead; nearly 0 false positives, and you can detect attackers long before they dig in.
Go to canary.tools to find out why its Physical, VM and Cloud Based Canaries are deployed and loved on all 7 continents…
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.