A hospital gets hacked because of an ex-employee’s grudge, robocalls are on the rise, and we share a scary story about the future of facial recognition.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Michael Hucks.
- YOU Season 2 Trailer — YouTube.
- Hospital administrator sacked for using NHS computer to download over 10,000 records is spared jail — Daily Mail.
- Robocalls: Americans got 58.5 billion in 2019, up 22% from last year — USA Today.
- Microsoft and Google just can't agree on proposed ban on facial recognition — ZDNet.
- Clearview – Technology to help solve the hardest crimes.
- The Secretive Company That Might End Privacy as We Know It — New York Times.
- Clearview FAQ (PDF).
- Episode review: Columbo Double Shock — Graham got it wrong. It was Martin Landau, not Leonard Nimoy, who played the twins. And they weren’t surgeons (but Nimoy did play an evil surgeon in a different Columbo episode that season)
- Eunoia: Words that Don't Translate.
- Dog wagging her tail every time she sees her owner — YouTube.
- She Said: Breaking the Sexual Harassment Story That Helped Ignite a Movement — Amazon.com.
- Harvey Weinstein Paid Off Sexual Harassment Accusers for Decades — New York Times.
- ‘She Said’ Recounts How Two Times Reporters Broke the Harvey Weinstein Story — New York Times.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.