A hospital gets hacked because of an ex-employee’s grudge, robocalls are on the rise, and we share a scary story about the future of facial recognition.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Michael Hucks.
Smashing Security #162: 'Robocalls, health hacks, and facial recognition fears'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
- YOU Season 2 Trailer — YouTube.
- Hospital administrator sacked for using NHS computer to download over 10,000 records is spared jail — Daily Mail.
- Robocalls: Americans got 58.5 billion in 2019, up 22% from last year — USA Today.
- Microsoft and Google just can't agree on proposed ban on facial recognition — ZDNet.
- Clearview – Technology to help solve the hardest crimes.
- The Secretive Company That Might End Privacy as We Know It — New York Times.
- Clearview FAQ (PDF).
- Episode review: Columbo Double Shock — Graham got it wrong. It was Martin Landau, not Leonard Nimoy, who played the twins. And they weren’t surgeons (but Nimoy did play an evil surgeon in a different Columbo episode that season)
- Eunoia: Words that Don't Translate.
- Dog wagging her tail every time she sees her owner — YouTube.
- She Said: Breaking the Sexual Harassment Story That Helped Ignite a Movement — Amazon.com.
- Harvey Weinstein Paid Off Sexual Harassment Accusers for Decades — New York Times.
- ‘She Said’ Recounts How Two Times Reporters Broke the Harvey Weinstein Story — New York Times.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
DomainTools helps security analysts turn threat data into threat intelligence. Its solutions give organizations the ability to use and create a forensic map of criminal activity, assess threats and prevent future attacks.
Learn more about their products at domaintools.com, or visit domaintools.com/smashing to enter their Capture The Flag competition and be in with a chance to win a $100 gift card.
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Castbox, Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.