A bank has some of the worst password advice ever, travellers are told to be wary when USB charging their smartphones and laptops, and a gamer has his YouTube account hacked.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by cybercrime journalist Geoff White.
Geoff White – @GeoffWhite247
- Giorgio Bonfiglio tweets about Fineco's bizarre attitude to passwords — Twitter.
- This Bank Had the Worst Password Policy We've Ever Seen — Motherboard.
- NIST password guidelines.
- Officials warn about the dangers of using public USB charging stations — ZDNet.
- MarcoStyle on Twitter.
- A YouTuber With 350,000 Subscribers Was Hacked, YouTube Verified His Hacker — Forbes.
- Massive wave of account hijacks hits YouTube creators — ZDNet.
- Popular gaming channel MarcoStyle has been hacked for days, running scams, but YouTube isn't responding — Reclaim the net.
- How my Youtube Channel got hacked for 2 weeks — MarcoStyle on YouTube.
- The Crown — Netflix.
- Aberfan disaster — Wikipedia.
- Aberfan – 50 years on — WalesOnline.
- Cliff Michelmore eyewitness report from Aberfan — YouTube.
- Dolly Parton's America — WNYC Studios.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.