Everyone’s talking juice-jacking – but has anyone ever been juice-jacked? Uber suffers yet another data breach, but it hasn’t been hacked. And Carole hosts the “AI-a-go-go or a no-no?” quiz for Dave and Graham.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Cyberwire’s Dave Bittner.
Dave Bittner – @[email protected]
- Uber driver info stolen yet again: This time from law firm – The Register.
- Letter from law firm Genova Burns to impacted Uber drivers (PDF)
- Tweet by FBI Denver – Twitter.
- FBI warns against using public phone charging stations – CNBC.
- ‘Juice Jacking’: The Dangers of Public USB Charging Stations – FCC.
- Stop! Don’t charge your phone this way – Seattle Times.
- This Seemingly Normal Lightning Cable Will Leak Everything You Type – Vice.
- Cybersecurity Myths You Might Still Believe – Debunked! – CXO Today.
- China to require ‘security assessment’ for new AI products – France24.
- Cybercrime: be careful what you tell your chatbot helper…– The Guardian.
- 12 Jobs that AI will never replace – In Hunt World.
- ChatGPT Fabricates Sexual Harassment Scandal, Names Real US Law Professor As Accused – Republic World.
- Insurable cyberattacks? – Caveat podcast.
- UBI board game – Board Game Geek.
- The Eye, The Pyramid, The Map: The Psychogeography of ‘The World According to Ubi’ – We Are The Mutants.
- They Finally Let Me Into Abbey Road Studios! – Rick Beato, YouTube.
- Robot Wars: Episode 5 Battle Recaps 2017 – BBC Two, YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Bitwarden – Password security you can trust. Bitwarden is an open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations worldwide for secure password storage and sharing.
- Kolide – Kolide ensures that if your device isn’t secure it can’t access your cloud apps. It’s Zero Trust for Okta. Watch a demo today!
- hCaptcha – hCaptcha Enterprise is the leading Security ML platform. hCaptcha adapts to detect and block even the most sophisticated attacks, keeping you ahead of evolving threats.Start your free trial today.
Support the show:
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.